MEET OUR BOARD
Connie H. A. Morgan
Eva Christine Jensen
DACE operates under the authority of the Board of Trustees, but each program benefits from the guidance of an independent discipline-based program committee. Not all of the nine committee are in constant operation, but the ones that can be established under the DACE umbrella are:
Visual Arts Committee\Tech Committee
Architecture and Design Committee
Culinary Arts Committee
- Each committee shall consist of 3-7 members. It is prudent that at least a third of the committee members have extensive professional expertise in the artistic area under the committee’s purview. The committee members are appointed by the DACE Board to two-year, renewable terms. Each committee elects its own chairperson, who then act as the liaison to the board. The committees have the following responsibilities
- Nominating scholarship and grant recipients to the board in accordance with overall DACE guidelines. Only a 2/3 majority of the board can reject the committee’s nominations. All recommendations should be based on a thorough assessment of the nominee and follow overall DACE guidelines and review criteria.
- Submitting yearly budgets to the board.
- Assisting with the practical arrangements of the annual DACE award event.
- Participating in the annual DACE meeting, to be held in January or February of each year.
Should DACE be without a committee to distribute the interest from trust accounts set up in support of a specific artistic area, the board can create an ad hoc committee to handle such disbursements according to general DACE guidelines.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT US BELOW.